We’re always excited to announce new product releases, and Frame.io v3.7 is here to give you more of what you’ve been asking for: speed, security, and precision. This powerful new set of features is designed to make your workflow faster and more flexible—no matter where you’re working.
In Frame.io v3.6, we debuted a Beta of Frame.io Transfer to give you the high-speed download capabilities you needed. Today, we're launching the full version, with more customizable control over how you move your creative assets.
- Upload and download large files, entire folders—or entire projects—effortlessly, with a single click.
- Multi-select assets to download from a Frame.io Project,
- Prioritize your job transfer order with a click and drag
- Desktop Notifications alert you when a transfer has been completed or interrupted
- Configure overwrite behavior to handle duplicate files
- Use xxHash checksums to ensure the accuracy of your transfer.
- Download assets via Transfer without having to log in when Public Links are enabled
- Configure upload and download rates using Bandwith Allocation settings
Secure sharing has gotten even more secure—and easier to manage. Enterprise Admin Controls let Account Owners and Administrators set up safeguards to protect your content and control viewing, downloading, and sharing permissions. These new features let you customize security settings for a wide range of workflows and users across your organization.
Internal Watermark ID*
Watermark ID, our real-time secure streaming service, has new and enhanced features. Admins now have the ability to set internal watermarking configurations and manage watermark templates on a per-team basis to prevent unauthorized users from capturing or distributing unwatermarked assets. You can also select which roles in your account can view, share, or download unwatermarked assets.
Watermark ID Template ModificationBecause sometimes watermarks can get in the way of what you need to see, it’s now possible for Share Link creators to adjust the position, text color, and opacity of a Watermark ID template. It’s the best of both worlds: your content stays secure while viewers can evaluate a video without critical visual elements being obstructed.
High Dynamic Range (HDR) and iOS
Our new iOS features optimize your Frame.io mobile experience with improved responsiveness and increased precision to make navigating through your projects and leaving feedback easier—from wherever you are.
HDR on Frame.io for iOSIn the way that we’ve moved from Standard to High Definition television, HDR is becoming the new delivery standard, offering a wider range of image contrast, color, and clarity. And our new support for HDR Playback is as seamless as you’d expect. Frame.io now gives you a more vibrant and lifelike review experience on all HDR-compatible iOS devices, enabling more accurate color matching and grading capabilities—perfect for when you're on the move.
Upload your PQ files in 2020 or P3 colorspace in any codec you’d like and Frame.io will create a 4K HEVC proxy that will playback on supported iOS devices. Frame.io will also tone map to SDR formats in legacy iOS devices. You can also AirPlay to any HDR 10-compatible display for an even larger and higher quality viewing experience, so you can enjoy HDR wherever you are.
iOS Player Controls
- Double-tap the right or left side of the Player Page to jump forward or backward by custom time intervals
- Preview thumbnails of your clip when you drag the playhead in the Player Page
- Move or copy content across Projects while retaining folder structure
- Include or omit comments when moving content across Projects
- Improved responsiveness when navigating through an asset
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
Final Cut Pro X Workflow ExtensionOne of our most powerful (and most loved) integrations is in Final Cut Pro X. And with Frame.io v3.7 and Apple’s latest release of Final Cut 10.4.9, there are new features to make workflows—especially for distributed teams—even more powerful and flexible.
- Drag media directly to your Timeline or Event Browser from the Frame.ioWorkflow Extension
- Directly import Frame.io-generated Proxies into your Final Cut Pro X library
- Choose to download Original, Highest Resolution Proxy, or Lowest Resolution Proxy on import
- Import metadata for Asset ID, Folder ID, Project ID, and File URL directly into the Final Cut Pro X Metadata panel
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
As always, feel free to hit us up with your questions, comments, or suggestions so we can keep making Frame.io even better for you.
Learn more about this release here.
*Available on Frame.io Enterprise Plans