We’re always happy to announce new features in Frame.io. But especially now, with more people working remotely, speed and security are even more important. That’s why we’re excited to introduce Frame.io v3.6, with new features to power your workflow so you can focus on the work itself.
Frame.io Transfer (Beta)
When it comes to moving files, speed matters, we’ve been hard at work on a new app for both Mac and Windows called Frame.io Transfer. We originally slated Transfer to release later this year, but as a response to the profound shift in the way we’re working—and the tools we know you’ll need to make that shift easier—we’re releasing it as a beta now.
- Download large files and sophisticated folder structures—or even entire projects—with one click
- Monitor active downloads and drag and drop to reprioritize their order
- Use EDL or XML to download specific files to accelerate the process of relinking to original camera files for final conforms, color grading, or sharing assets for VFX
- If you lose your connection during a download, Transfer pauses and then automatically resumes as soon as you reconnect
Enterprise users can now protect Presentation and Review Links with Login-only access, which means that no one outside of your account can access your links. Your recipients will see a list of everything you’ve shared with them in the new Inbox, which gives you a clean and focused view that’s especially useful for busy clients or executives.
When any viewer presses “Play,” Frame.io completes a realtime, on-demand transcode of your video with their personal identifying information burned into each frame. A two-hour video starts playing back in less than two seconds.
- Admins can save customized templates for your entire organization
- Set up text blocks with options for name, date, location, email and IP addresses
- Use text styling controls to set the look and add behaviors like scrolling
iOS Offline Mode
No internet connection? No problem. We’ve introduced “Offline Mode” for our iOS apps so you really can work from anywhere.
- Tap any asset and select “Make available offline” from menu options
- Offline files will be available in the new Downloads tab for reviewing and commenting
- Comments and annotations are automatically synced when you reconnect to the internet
Easily share and organize your assets across your team or your projects.
- Select multiple assets and folders to share with a single Review link
- Any changes you make to them in Frame.io are dynamically updated in your Review Link
Notifications are now a lot more manageable.
- Smart notifications grouping to consolidate similar notifications
- Filter notifications by “Read” or “Unread”
- See comment previews
- Scrub asset thumbnails in notification previews
- Background rendering in the After Effects Integration for Frame.io
- Disable comments in Review Links
- Bulk Actions on iOS
- Move-to and Copy-to options to organize assets across projects
- See all Presentations Links you’ve shared and access link settings from the Project Page
- View folder sizes in list view
As always, feel free to hit us up with your questions, comments, or suggestions so we can keep making Frame.io even better for you.
Learn more about this release here.
*Available on Frame.io Enterprise Plans